Agilent 1100 ALS issues

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello all,

I am a graduate student attempting to fix the autosampler of an Agilent 1100. I am open to setting up the manual injector as well, but have other issues associated with that.

First to describe the autosampler issues, the unit we are using received a "fan failed" error several weeks ago. We replaced the fan, but the error persisted. When I try to reset the module, I then receive another error on the quaternary pump saying "Unknown error." and also "Initialization error (4)" on the injector. I also tried to reset the injector itself in Diagnoses tools but receive "RA 0000 RSET" as an error.

I tried to set up a manual injector as well, I have a Rheodyne 7725i with the connector cable to the instrument. However, the connector cable has two pins associated and not the remote connecter, so I purchased a D89 connector with the ability to connect the two pins internally. I am unable to determine which slots the pins go into (from 1-9) and also I don't know if once it is working, if a new module will appear, or how to trigger the manual injector to work properly.

Apologies if this is confusing, I can provide photos if needed.
Hi Mario,

It seems you have quite a few errors on your hands, by any chance do you have a manual for the autosampler or for the instrument? You may be able to look up the specific error in the manual which could give you a better idea on what some of these errors relate to. However, if you're seeing unknown errors, then I would contact the manufacturer and send out a technician to look at your instrument. It may be more time efficient to just talk to a tech about your issues and have them come fix them rather than fixing a few issues over the span of a week then being left with an issue that he would still have to visit for: ie, unknown error. The unknown error may just be a product of some of misconnections or incompatibilities with your set-up. You should be able to check your modules right from the main menu/file to check your connections, but I use a different brand of instrument and software!

I hope you get your questions answered!
I would temporarily disconnect the communications cables from the modules, and see if each module can initialize as standalone. And start there.
3 posts Page 1 of 1