Agilent Degasser

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me? I have an old Agilent 1100 I'm getting up to spec and it's missing a degasser. I'm having trouble getting a reasonable conditioned degasser for it. However I have seen a Agilent G1311-60070, I get that it would not sit in the tower properly but would this be compatible for the system?

Any input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
I would just purchase a less-expensive aftermarket degassing module.

The Agilent 1100 degasser is a standalone module and has no communication to the HPLC software anyway, no reason. I did this on two stacks, made a little bracket to hold the aftermarket degasser off the side of the bottle reservoir tray.
You are looking at the wrong items: A "G1311-60070" is a component part of a degasser, NOT a degasser module. Skip the aftermarket degassers and get one that fits well with your existing system (not going to cost you more to do so).

Purchase a professionally refurbished Agilent model G1322A degasser for your Agilent HPLC system. *Do not purchase a used model G1379A or G1379B degasser. Please do not purchase one of the many contaminated, broken modules sold on the auction sites, ebay etc or from an equipment reseller. Those are basically broken, contaminated modules being flipped by sellers with no training in how to service them. Those systems usually need a few thousand dollars worth of repairs (we know this because clients send those modules to us all the time for testing/repair). Using a "used" degasser that has not been professionally cleaned and serviced may contaminate your HPLC flow path (ghost peaks, invalid data).
If you are in the USA, please consider purchasing a professionally refurbished module from our business, Chiralizer Services, LLC. For almost 30 years we have been testing and servicing all brands and models of HPLC vacuum degassers for clients. We keep a small of number of professionally refurbished modules (Waters/Shimadzu/Agilent/Thermo) on-hand for clients that need them. http://www.chiralizer.com/hplc-degasser-repair.html
Consumer Products Guy wrote:
I would just purchase a less-expensive aftermarket degassing module.

We had good success with aftermarket units; we had three.
Thank you. I have tried buying a refurbished 1100 degasser but I am not having much luck here in the UK. What aftermarket models have people tried?
Just order a refurbished G1322A from Agilent Techn. At least it will be clean inside.

Picking out an 'aftermarket' vacuum degasser must first take into account exactly which SOLVENTS you plan on using it with (and flow rate of course). Be careful. A good quality new aftermarket degasser will cost nearly as much as a refurb Agilent. With HPLC, never try and save money buying inferior parts/modules. Spend money wisely. If you can not afford to pay for a high quality vacuum degasser (one of the least expensive modules in an HPLC system, AND really important too), then how can you afford to maintain an HPLC system or run samples?
6 posts Page 1 of 1