No pressure and no flow through lines

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

I'm currently experiencing some trouble with my waters alliance 2695 hplc. I went to run samples yesterday and I noticed the pressure was low (0-30 PSI) and even with a flow rate set to 1 mL/min no mobile phase was being taken up and run through the system. Interestingly I can still prime seal wash and have solvent flow through the system and out the waste line

I did some research and saw the in line check valve cartridges are a common solution, I swapped them out for brand new ones and that didn't fix the problem. I went ahead and pulled out the entire plunger assembly to inspect the seals and plunger heads. Both plunger assemblies and their seals were fine and didn't show any signs of ware and tare.

I'm at a loss for what to do. My next step might be to perform a dry prime to try and flush any air that may be in the lines. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Begin by properly WET priming ALL of the solvent channels. Make sure the integrated degasser is also working properly too. Once the system is fully primed, check the GPV for good flow to make sure it is not clogged up with buffer or bacterial sludge. If everything is clean and primed, next run the pump and check the outlet valves to confirm liquid is exiting the pump (note: worn pump seals can still allow liquid to be pulled out of the heads, but will not permit the system to build and hold pressure so piston and piston seal maintenance may be needed.
Multidimensional wrote:
Begin by properly WET priming ALL of the solvent channels. Make sure the integrated degasser is also working properly too. Once the system is fully primed, check the GPV for good flow to make sure it is not clogged up with buffer or bacterial sludge. If everything is clean and primed, next run the pump and check the outlet valves to confirm liquid is exiting the pump (note: worn pump seals can still allow liquid to be pulled out of the heads, but will not permit the system to build and hold pressure so piston and piston seal maintenance may be needed.

Thank for the suggestions. I tried wet priming each line, but nothing is flowing through the lines and exiting the waste line.

How would one go about checking/testing the degasser and GPV? I know where both are located but are there specific tests or functions on the instrument that can test these pieces?
3 posts Page 1 of 1