Agilent degasser tubing

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Dear colleagues
We have two Agilent G1322B degassers, where I would like to change the vacuum tubing. I can only find replacement tubing for the G1379 models on the Agilent site:
Agilent page
Is one of those compatible with the B1322B?
Thanks a lot
Jörg
Slap me if you like, but 2 decades ago on an Agilent degasser I used automotive rubber vacuum tubing . This was "downstream" of the permeable degasser tubing and we didn't see any negative effects.
No, the G1379A/B internal vacuum tubing kits ARE NOT compatible with and Do NOT fit the model G1322A degassers (not "G1322B", no such P/N). Only the tubing kits built for the model G1322A will work with the G1322A degassers. Agilent still sells the model G1322A degasser (best one they make). You can still buy the tubing kits direct from Agilent Technologies in Germany. Just order one tubing kit using Agilent's Part Number, G1322-60002. *Replace the tubing at least every 5-years or anytime a major component part is replaced (i.e. for G1322A replace tubing when a: vac pump, vac valve, chamber and/or sensor is replaced).

Caution, NEVER, use automotive or other non-compatible tubing inside the degasser modules. That type of tubing will contaminate the vacuum flow path of the degasser AND your column and mobile phase with contaminated material (as the vacuum system and mobile phase flow paths SHARE the same permeable paths inside the degasser channels. That cheap tubing leaches plasticizes and contaminates. It is not "downstream" of anything). The vacuum tubing used inside a vacuum degasser must be of high-purity and chemically compatible with the HPLC solvents used in the mobile phase and the vacuum system (that is why special tubing is made for these modules).

For customers in the USA, they can purchase higher quality vacuum degasser tubing kits for many brands and models of HPLC vacuum degassers from Chiralizer Services for prices far below what Agilent charges. * I work for Chiralizer Services and in addition to providing HPLC consulting, advanced column switching and selection systems for HPLC and LC-MS systems, we have been professionally servicing all brands and models of HPLC vacuum degassers for many of the manufacturers and end-users since ~ 1993 [ https://www.chiralizer.com/hplc-degasser-repair.html ]
    Thank you multidimensional for sharing sound knowledge!
    Consumer Products Guy wrote:
    Slap me if you like, but 2 decades ago on an Agilent degasser I used automotive rubber vacuum tubing . This was "downstream" of the permeable degasser tubing and we didn't see any negative effects.

This was on HP/Agilent 1050 degassing units; these had about 40ml dead volume per channel, and we later replaced them with Alltech degassing units which had much less hold-up volume.

In the old days we would use vacuum filtration through a membrane on our mobile phases.
    5 posts Page 1 of 1