"Magic Wash" Solution

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,
I've been using an injector wash solution of ACN:MeOH:IPA:H2O with Formic acid for generic LCMS methods for a decade with a lot of success. I've heard this called "Magic Wash" or "Magic Mix" in the industry. Does anyone know a vendor that sells this solution pre mixed for my lab? Looking to cut down and prep and documentation time.
Thanks,
zenboy99 wrote:
Hello,
I've been using an injector wash solution of ACN:MeOH:IPA:H2O with Formic acid for generic LCMS methods for a decade with a lot of success. I've heard this called "Magic Wash" or "Magic Mix" in the industry. Does anyone know a vendor that sells this solution pre mixed for my lab? Looking to cut down and prep and documentation time.
Thanks,

The result you achieved with the ACN:MeOH:IPA:H2O/Formic acid mixture is impressive! To expedite your lab processes, try contacting specialized suppliers or bespoke synthesis services that provide pre-mixed solutions. This could save significant time on preparation and paperwork. Best of luck!Magic 8 Ball
Waters sell a kit of calibrant and wash for their RDa systems, the wash kit solvent is just 1:1 MeCN:water with 0.1% formic so you could look to them for options but I would just batch prep loads of the stuff you are already using, make a few 5L bottles and give them a long expiry then you have cut down prep times and spent less time generating documents but you are not paying through the nose for a pre mixed wash. Here is the link for the waters kits if you are interested

https://www.waters.com/nextgen/gb/en/sh ... h-kit.html
3 posts Page 1 of 1