ICS3000 second pump pressure is very high

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I got an ICS3000 with dual pumps. I tried to run some sugar samples in system 2. The pump 2 have reasonable pressure to run the samples, but pump 1 shows very high pressure (~10000 psi) even it is not running or disconnected by software. Also, since pump 1 shows very high pressure, the pump 2 automatically stops and does not allow me to start. The chromeleon v6.8 software also only shows pump_1 (no pump_2) even though the ICS3000 has two pumps.

I tried removing lines and reconnecting. Also, I primed the lines (it was prior to the high pressure signal from pump 2).

I would greatly appreciate if someone help me to solve this issue? I need only pump 2 and is there anyway that I can disconnect the pump 1? Also, is there anyway that I can write a code to put pump 2 in the chromeleon software system?

Thank you.
Have a nice day.

Rose
Service the pump, flush the lines. This is part of normal maintenance.
2 posts Page 1 of 1