Need help with troubleshooting Error Fan problem in LC20AP

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

we are facing an issue displaying an error fan message while starting the LC20AP pump associated with CBM2A HPLC system. At the start of instrument, the fan rotates fast for about 30 sec and becomes normal and this condition will be
the same throughout the analysis till switching off. However, now the fan started rotating fast again after a few seconds and giving a message as #Error Fan. Video in the below link for your reference. I request all for your kind suggestions and help with troubleshooting this. I Am still new to HPLC and learning. Would be very grateful for any inputs!

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJcJN3bJrY0

Thanks a lot!
Hi Skiran,

I've never encountered an issue like this before while using my Shimadzu LC, and if something like this were to happen to me (which I assume is a motherboard/communication issue), I would immediately call my technician. I don't know of any programmable fan settings (at least I've never used any) that could potentially simply fix this. Your Shimadzu tech would have a much better understanding of what's occurring here, and will probably get you up-and-running a lot quicker than if you were to trial and error your way through fixing this. I suspect you may need a new part or pump, especially if this issue has just popped up out of the blue.
TylerSmith123 wrote:
Thank you, TylerSmith123
At first, sorry for the late response. The issue was resolved automatically after keeping the pump ideal in the room by switching the AC continuously for about three days.
The possible two reasons could be
1. Air circulation issue
2. Fan sensor issue (as per the technician). Finally, it's running fine. However, the issue needs to be resolved permanently.

Hi Skiran,

I've never encountered an issue like this before while using my Shimadzu LC, and if something like this were to happen to me (which I assume is a motherboard/communication issue), I would immediately call my technician. I don't know of any programmable fan settings (at least I've never used any) that could potentially simply fix this. Your Shimadzu tech would have a much better understanding of what's occurring here, and will probably get you up-and-running a lot quicker than if you were to trial and error your way through fixing this. I suspect you may need a new part or pump, especially if this issue has just popped up out of the blue.
3 posts Page 1 of 1