HPX-87H column and a guard column issue

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello!
I'm a grad student who recently started using HPLC.
This laboratory only have been used the C18 column and I have no one to ask about this hpx-87h column.

I just finished column test using organic acid standard from bio-rad and it seems okay. Then I was taking it off from the column oven to store it in the fridge. When I took the guard column KJ0-4282 then found a small plastic PEEK ferrule is stuck inside the column inlet side.

It's stuck inside so badly that I only could've removed half of it using a sharp tweezer and still there is some inside.

anyone have similar experience?
Did this happened bcz I tightened it so hard before?
Or is it bcz of something called Valco and Parker style?

And should I use a different guard column bir-rad's 125-0129 guard column as the manual says?

Any, ANY comments will be appreciated!!!
A lot to ask but no one to ask... hard time indeed
Ferrule removal tool, or even use small screw extractor from hardware store.

https://www.restek.com/en/products/acce ... rules/443/
Probably overtightened it.
In general, best to use a guard that matches the chemistry of the analytical column. Assuming you used the "carbo H+" guard from Phenomenex, that should match the HPX-87H, so I would not expect any problems on that score.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
3 posts Page 1 of 1