Purchasing the right Nano LC

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,
I am in the market for a nano LC system but unsure about which one to get. It would most likely be connected to a Waters Xevo Q-TOF MS. Currently it is configured with a classic Acquity binary pump and autosampler. I know the easiest solution is to probably go with a Waters nano LC setup, but I was wondering about people's experience with other nano systems (like the Easy Nano-LC from Thermo). There seem to be a decent number of nano LC choices but I am not sure which one would be a good beginner's system.
Thank you,
Tadah.
Easy to use? Easy for a beginner? Well, nano-pumps (or low flow capillary pumps) are not suitable for beginners at all. (1) Nearly impossible to tell when you have a leak and (2) most are very difficult to service. Best used by very experienced and trained HPLC users because a solid foundation in how they work and how to troubleshoot them is so important (Practical skills in the basics from many years of use). The user's should have many years of industrial experience using standard HPLC pumps, because low-flow pumps are similar. Thermo's offerings, some of the worst in IMO (difficult to service and keep running reliably, mostly check valve issues(. Waters units very hard to service (access) and run reliably (again, check valves). Agilent's nano-pump the easiest to service of all and straighforward to run (electronic check valve/solenoid means no check valve issues). However, w/o training, all of them can be troublesome.
2 posts Page 1 of 1