HPLC filters

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello all,

I have HPLC filters I want to connect to the inlet tubes (link at the bottom).
Do you know how to connect them?
When I try inserting the tube inside it fits, however not very strongly and they can be taken out easily.

Another query, on the picture I added there is the metal part disconnected from the rest of the plastic, is it ok that they are separated? Maybe I should glue them back? The other metal pieces I show doesn't disconnect.

Thanks

https://imgur.com/60GsDBY
Pictured are reverse swage inlet frits for 1/8" tubing.
If you loosen the top nut from the rest of the assembly and slide it up the tubing to get it out of the way, you should be able to remove the tubing and find a "band" (called a ferrule) that is roughly trapezoidal in shape. The narrow end goes toward the nut you slid up the tube and the flat bottom of it should be flush with the tubing. That tubing needs to be cut flush. Push the tubing and ferrule to the bottom of the assembly and hold them there while you screw the top nut back in finger-tight. If it doesn't hold together pretty well after doing that, you either need to trim the tubing, replace the ferrule or both.

For the one where the scintered metal filter element slides off the rest of the assembly, I'd probably just replace the whole thing.

No glue.
Thanks,
DR
2 posts Page 1 of 1