Able to connect to Agilent 1100 DAD but not other modules

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Starting another thread on this issue since the problem has changed.

I am able to get ChemStation to recognize the DAD on an Agilent 1100, but the other modules are not appearing as "online". I get good ping between the computer and the DAD; the instrument was purchased secondhand (serviced, working, tested- sat for two years in a box), and does not appear to come with Lab Advisor. Anyone know if the Lab Advisor for download from Agilent will work? Or is this just a firmware update?

https://www.agilent.com/en-us/firmwareDownload?whid=69761

Anyway- I've tried regular Ethernet cables to connect the modules, made some crossover cables and tried those, then bought some "Agilent 1100 CAN" cables from eBay, and none of them work. I've tried skipping over the thermostat module to the autosampler module, no joy. I've tried using both of the CAN ports on the DAD module without success.

Anything else I should try?
Hi there,
I think the version of lab advisor you linked to is a downloadable full version so you should try that.
Have you tried posting to the Agilent community site as well if that doesn’t work
Kevin
Yes the Agilent link for LC firmware should contain the lab advisor program, it has in the past.

Do you know what versions of firmware are on each module? If DAD is on a different version, its not always compatible and results in exactly this situation. Odd though you say it worked two years ago, unlikely someone changed your DAD firmware while it sat in storage.

You could also move the LAN card around module to module, and see if each module comes online that way. Second optimum position for the card would be in the pump.
If you're unable to find the LabAdvisor software, I've had success with downloading the firmware from Agilent's website. I've found the list with a Google search. Just search the list for the current firmware for the modules you have and download them. Then you can use the Firmware Update Tool that comes with the Chemstation software to install and update the firmware.
Make sure that all units have the same firmware which is supported by Chemstation. Also check the connection from the DAD to the next unit. I assume that your Ethernet card is in the detector.
Vlad Orlovsky
HELIX Chromatography
My opinions might be bias, but I have about 1000 examples to support them. Check our website for new science and applications
www.helixchrom.com
5 posts Page 1 of 1