Are the connectors between HP 1100 modules just RJ45 cables?

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I've worked with Agilent 1200 and 1260 modules, but never a 1100, and never set one up from scratch. Having been blessed with a "refurbished" 1100 that came without a single cable, I'm trying to make sure I don't fry anything. So- are the cables that daisy-chain between the pizza boxes in the stack just ethernet cables with RJ45 connectors, or is there a crossover in there somewhere?

Similarly, there was one power cord with the whole schlemiel- and it has a plug for 240 volts (NEMA 6-20P, I think it is). Each module is listed for 110-120 and 240 volts, but I wanted to make absolutely, 100% certain that I can use a regular NEMA 5-15P (operating inside the United States at 120VAC, 60 Hz) without frying anything. I'm 99% certain I can, but reeeeealy don't want to fry this thing.
osp001 wrote:
I've worked with Agilent 1200 and 1260 modules, but never a 1100, and never set one up from scratch. Having been blessed with a "refurbished" 1100 that came without a single cable, I'm trying to make sure I don't fry anything. So- are the cables that daisy-chain between the pizza boxes in the stack just ethernet cables with RJ45 connectors, or is there a crossover in there somewhere?

Similarly, there was one power cord with the whole schlemiel- and it has a plug for 240 volts (NEMA 6-20P, I think it is). Each module is listed for 110-120 and 240 volts, but I wanted to make absolutely, 100% certain that I can use a regular NEMA 5-15P (operating inside the United States at 120VAC, 60 Hz) without frying anything. I'm 99% certain I can, but reeeeealy don't want to fry this thing.

The 1100 is basically the same as the 1200, just firmware differences I believe. If you have the manual to the 1200 check to see if the voltage change requires a switch to be flipped near where you plug in the power cord.

The CAN cables are the same for both models, but not sure if they are basic ethernet cables or some type of straight through wiring. You could try hooking up a standard and crossover cable between the 1200 modules you have and see if either type communicates.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Thanks, James; I finally got to that stage today. Getting closer!

The XP computer connects to the DAD module with a crossover cable just fine; it shows up in the Configured Modules just fine. However, none of the other modules show up. I have tried using both straight and crossover cables between the DAD and the Column Thermostat module, as well as between the DAD and the Autosampler module, and cannot get either to come online.

The cable is a 5181-1516 product number, and I can't find anywhere if it's just a straight through cable or crossover.

Anyone?
3 posts Page 1 of 1