Plunger Homing Fault (1)

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
I recently used a solvent with high concentration of salt for HPLC analysis and I did the wrong thing to flush the system with Isopropanol rather than water and caused the salt to built up in the system.

I think because of this I got an error of PLUNGER HOMING FAULT (1). I have tried to inject water to flush the system but the error keep occurring.

Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this problem? Thank you very much
you might need to dismantle the bump to clean the plunger
do you think it has anything to do with the check valve?
It must be Waters Alliance or UPLC ?? Anyway changing of solvents or any resistance in the fluidic path cause this issue. Initial check sonicate the In Line filter and inspect check valves. In worst case the small F1 Fuse blows SMS circuitry which runs the Torpedos
hope this may help
Yes it is a Waters 2695. I have tried to sonicate the in line filter but the error still occurs. In the worst case do I need to change the torpedo or just the F1 Fuse?

Thank you for your suggestion
gygem wrote:
Yes it is a Waters 2695. I have tried to sonicate the in line filter but the error still occurs. In the worst case do I need to change the torpedo or just the F1 Fuse?

Thank you for your suggestion

If it's the fuse, only this can be replaced
normally the error is known for plunger (0), which is the primary piston. So (1) should be the accum head.

Look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18614&p=119720

Maybe for piston 2 the fuse is not 'f1'. Check with a multimeter first
and ofvcourse look the knowledge database from waters

https://support.waters.com/KB_Inst/Chro ... iance_2695
7 posts Page 1 of 1