Agilent 1260 or waters alliance e2695

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone
If anyone could help i am new to hplc systems and we are buying new system and i was wondering which system is better
Agilent 1260 infinity ii or waters alliance e 2695
Note i work in pharmaceutical quality control in raw material department
Hope you could help me
Thanks in advance
It is not a question of which is "better". You have not identified the model of Agilent 1260 series system you are comparing it to (and there are many). However, in general, the Waters Alliance 2695 is an academic grade system and most of the Agilent 1260 HPLC modules are considered research grade modules (higher performance). The Alliance systems are a much older design which are harder to service and maintain (esp for novice to intermediate users). Their pumps use conventional check valves, their A/S uses an older low pressure glass syringe based system and they require more training to use effectively.

In making a product choice decision you should consult with a local expert at your company or school who is familiar with your intended applications, uses and level of training. They should be able to review your request in more detail and provide you with constructive advice. Asking for general opinions on general matters usually does not provide good input that is applicable to your specific needs.
Cant make comment on Alliance and Agilent side by side leaders in Chromatography field. Both modules r used FDA,in EU sectors labs. I think the most important issue is the service provider the company after sales support also the expensive PM Kits restricts people to go on with proper periodic check up or Total Assurance Programs. It is the provider and service person responsibility to guide the customer for the maintenance to go on longer lasting
3 posts Page 1 of 1