Organic Acids in Glycol By Ion Chromatography

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
So, I am trying to develop a method by IC to analyze Glycols for Organic Acids. I have been trying for a long time and have tried many different Eluents, single and dual eluent, different columns, prepping sample and not prepping sample. I am having a really tough time getting all the Acids to elute and it is even harder to get the early eluting acids to separate. Has anyone had success in this area that could give me some help? Any help is appreciated. And please, before you ask me to list my many attempts, please know that I have been trying for a year and have so many attempts under my belt that it would be a novel to give all the relevant info. In this time I have developed and implemented 14 other methods on 4 instruments and this is the only one that has been holding me up. The Process chemistry field is new to me, having been in this field only 1 year after 10 years in Environmental Chemistry, so I was hoping someone would have a little more experience to help.

Thanks.
It would help if you could identify which organic acids, which glycol matrix, and approximately what levels of organic acids are of interest.
We can help you develop a method. Please contact me by email through our website. You can easily use mixed-mode chromatography to analyze this. DO you need to quantify glycol too?
Vlad Orlovsky
HELIX Chromatography
My opinions might be bias, but I have about 1000 examples to support them. Check our website for new science and applications
www.helixchrom.com
3 posts Page 1 of 1