UV-linearity test failed

Discussions about HPLC, CE, TLC, SFC, and other "liquid phase" separation techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
I performed UV-linearity test on ultimate-3000 HPLC using caffeine standers and restricted column ( coil) the test has executed many times and failed by the same results , area of caffeine 220 mg and 300 mg less than usual for 220 its 71 mAu and for 300 mg its 92 mAu , in normal cases for 220 mg 75 and for 300 102

pressure was about 1350 Psi , no technical issue in instrument UV-lamp good and everything works good .

when i replaced i coil with old one which gave a pressures about 800 Psi everything passed and looks perfect .

how the pressure effect on peak area ?!

Note: Usually i use the coil which give 1350 Psi for qualification and its passed smoothly ,but for this instrument i dont know what happen .
seen this before. coil has a crimp in it. throw away
2 posts Page 1 of 1