Beanz Meanz Painz

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
In a recent BBC documentary following the production of Heinz baked beans from start to finish ( actually very interesting - 1.5 million cans a day) a remark was made by one of the presenters about the quality control part,

" The sample is injected into a liquid chromatographer"

Ouch! What we go through in the name of science.

Regards

Ralph
Regards

Ralph
Ouch indeed! I suppose it's better to suffer that in a Heinz factory than some of the places we here on the boards work. I wouldn't want to be injected with some of the items I've worked on in the past!
I've worked QC in food lab before. I am going to hazard a guess that part of the testing is taste testing. I wouldn't want it injected into me though. Haha.
Maybe they are working on a new type of "gas" chromatography. :mrgreen:
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
@ itspip ( Phil?)

Yes the "putting the sample into the liquid chromatographer" referred to an analysis study in the programme of the effectiveness of preserving Vitamin C by canning - really well as it turns out.

@James
:lol:
Regards

Ralph
5 posts Page 1 of 1