How many years experience does this forum have?

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

52 posts Page 1 of 4
Hi

Reading through the posts I am often impressed by the depth of experience of the contributors, whether it be in one particular area or general or, as recently, being able to rebuild a circuit board (envy)

It occurred to me "How many years experience does this forum have available to contribute to queries?"

If anyone is interested I will start with my 40 years.

The next reply would add their years of experience to the previous reply and give a running total.

Would we get to 1000 years?

Whether it be 1 or 50 years - just add it - it's not a competition - any experience is experience and thus valid

Regards

Ralph
Regards

Ralph
I imagine 1000 years would be a low estimate. Also, it depends what you count as "experience". I've been playing with electronics and computers for almost 30 years, but as far as chromatography, I can only claim 10-ish, and only 6-7 of that as more than an "occasional operator".
Hi

I agree - I was just setting a an interesting round number level. I suspect that it will far exceed that

If it is any help , to me your experience counts as 30, as I said - experience is experience

So, running total 70

I only proposed this as a bit of "Around the water cooler" interest :D

Regards

Ralph
Regards

Ralph
I'll see your 70 and raise you 34 - so we are through the 100 barrier.
Peter Apps
Blackjack for my 21 - running total = 125 years.
A couple of months shy of 25 years here. So 150?
If we count protein purification as experience, add my 14 years: 164
Add 40 for me.
I gladly contribute my 42+ years which will end in May when I retire :D
This brings the total to 246 with the years from the previous post.
I.ll throw in another 18 years.
So we're standing at 264
Add my 46 = 310
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
Adding my small experience of 6 = 316 years total
6 years here, so new total is 322
20 for me so we are up to 342
29 here, total: 371
Thanks,