Preferred abbreviation for Limit of Detection

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
I have seen Limit of Detection abbreviated to LOD and LoD. For Limits of Detection should an s be added; LODs. ?

Is there any official guidance ?

Happy 2015 ?

Peter
Peter Apps
EPA is using LLOD for lower limit of detection under SW-846 methods (RCRA).
Other programs may vary.
Hi Peter

Here in SouthAmerica even as we speak in spanish we refer to Limit of Detection as LOD and Limit of Quantification as LOQ, even our ruling authorities the AMNAT (equivalent to FDA) accept this.

Happy 2015 for all members!!!!

Fernando
LODs seems to be common usage, I haven't seen any official wording stating a preference.
Where can I buy the kit they use in CSI?
U.S. FDA uses LOD and LOQ, which seems to be the only terminology they have in common with the USEPA.

In Mexico we call it "limite de deteccion", but we use the abbreviation LOD because it's what you see in the literature.
Mark Krause
Laboratory Director
Krause Analytical
Austin, TX USA
5 posts Page 1 of 1