No more lunchtime browsing for me...

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
Sigh. I could not see the chromatograms posted yesterday and today. A little investigation revealed the the tinypic.com url might be the source of the difficulty. Sure enough, when I tried to go directly to the picture, I get the following warning:

"This Websense category is filtered: Personal Network Storage and Backup."

Yep. Heaven forbid that I should actually learn something work-related from another person...
All standard disclaimers apply. My posts are my opinions only and do not necessarily reflect the policies of my employer.
I have that same issue w/ Photobucket, Tinypic...
If you can find a little known such repository or stuff pics in a public folder in your own (home) ISP allocated space, that makes it available to many more people.
Thanks,
DR
I think there is a motto somewher in the information technology offices: "Nobody can do bad things if they can do nothing; prevent bad things!"
Don_Hilton wrote:
I think there is a motto somewher in the information technology offices: "Nobody can do bad things if they can do nothing; prevent bad things!"

Don, this is the motto of public services and nanny governments throughout the world. The version that the bean counters have on their walls is "Nobody can mis-spend funds that are not allocated".

Peter
Peter Apps
Reminds me of when I worked in a CRO doing preclinical drug safety asessment and some ovezealous IT Newbie set the firewall to block access to all 'drug' related sites. :evil:
Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
JGK wrote:
Reminds me of when I worked in a CRO doing preclinical drug safety asessment and some ovezealous IT Newbie set the firewall to block access to all 'drug' related sites. :evil:

Now that is a classic !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Peter
Peter Apps
I work for a company that once had their own company website blocked as inappropriate for a while.

GCguy
GCguy
gcguy wrote:
I work for a company that once had their own company website blocked as inappropriate for a while.

GCguy

Sounds like my employer.... You could always try using a source such as www.anonymouse.org to paste the image url into...., do on own risk, IT does not really like you doing stuff like that
8 posts Page 1 of 1