Do you think my qualifactions are a disadvantage?

Off-topic conversations and chit-chat.

17 posts Page 2 of 2
Seamoro,

In the chronological order of your employment, I would have the emphasis on the most recent employment and scale the text covering previous employment back proportionally. You have devoted twice as much space to what you were doing 2 - 6 and 6 - 7 years ago as you did to 2010 - present time period (even six months in 2005 gets equal billing).

Run a spell check (or go low tech with a dictionary) over the text. The plural of thesis is theses not thesis's (or thesis') for that matter.

Delete the 'reason for leaving' sections. If they want toknow why you left or want to leave, they can ask you. I've never seen this before and I've been interviewing candidates for a long time.
Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
I will suggest that you take a look at LinkedIn and look at history and qualifications. Some people have developed a CV (or have used their CV to laod the page). Look at qualifications that would lead you to say: "This person has realy done some good stuff." And look for the qualifications that look like a grocery list - and just need bread and milk added somewhere. Make your CV look like the first group - and have a person who knows you help. It is sometimes hard to see ourselves.

Show that you are qualified to do the kind of job you want to do: If you want to solve problems, show that you have solved problems. Given an idea of magnitude and scope.

On changes from position to position: If possible, show increasing responsibility with each position. I've seen the resume for the person who left on job and went to the next for "Professional Growth" - or some such... But, when responsibilities decreased -- let's just say the change may not have been voluntary. (And not necessarily the fault of the person who changed jobs.) Continuous growth is aways a good thing.
17 posts Page 2 of 2