Chemstation A.06.01 help!

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello all,

We have an 1100-series Agilent HPLC in our lab (pretty old) that we're trying to connect to our version of Chemstation, which is A.06.01.

When we connect it via LAN, the module selection screen will show our modules as green and online, but after selecting our modules and clicking "OK," we get errors that our Wellplate autosampler and our diode array detector are offline. The main UI will then have them in red and will show a "power failure" error, even though our DAD and autosampler are on and their power lights are green.

We are able to control all our modules from the gameboy, so we don't think it's a problem with the modules themselves.

We are also able to ping our system from the computer.

We're using a TCP/IP connection, so Bootp isn't involved.

After some Googling and some hounding of Agilent's tech support, we believe that a firmware update is necessary--all our modules were running A.04.11 or A.04.14, so we updated them to A.05.11 then to A.06.04 using LabAdvisor. We still get the same error when trying to connect to chemstation.

Agilent's compatibility matrix (page 19 of this PDF: https://www.agilent.com/cs/library/firm ... e_1100.pdf) says that our Chemstation A.06.01 should be compatible with firmware A.06.01 or higher.

If anyone has any help or advice, please don't hesitate to reply! We're starting to get desperate.

Thank you!

-JP
LAN is only supported starting with ChemStation Rev A.06.02 and also only supported on modules with mainboard Rev 2. *Firmware is NOT your issue.
Multidimensional wrote:
LAN is only supported starting with ChemStation Rev A.06.02 and also only supported on modules with mainboard Rev 2. *Firmware is NOT your issue.

Thank you so much for your help! We were able to update to ChemStation A.10.02 and that fixed all our problems, we were able to connect with no issue! :D
You are welcome. I will pass on the Thank You to my boss, who when I asked, gave me the answer for you. *He has provided professional training in the use and servicing of those systems since the 1980's.
4 posts Page 1 of 1