ChemStation sequence table

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

7 posts Page 1 of 1
Sequence table. I have a std of 3.81mg that is entered into the
calibration table. To calculate the amount in the sample I add the amount
of sample weighted, 263mg in the sample column and the volume of the flask
50ml in the dilution column is this correct?
What is the multipler used for in this context?
H i ,

Chemstation .. :(

For external standards

amount = Response peak x X RFx X M X D

where:
Responsex is the response of peak x;
RFx is the response factor for component x, calculated as:
M is the multiplier.
D is the dilution factor.
no. super easy if you have filled out the calibration table with the method correctly. calculate the concentration of the actual standard in ug/ml (or whatever units you selected in the Calibration Table) and record the amount, relative to the volume in the table.
Still not sure is the amount in the sample just calculated from the calibrated std and you do not need to put values in the sequence table and not tick use sequence table amounts I'm very new to this software
It is very straightforward. Take a look at your completed Calibration Table. It should have multiple levels and info about the std(s). If you have selected a quantitative report style and used the method with the Calibration Table, then the system will use your SS info plus the Cal table to try and match up any of the peaks. If it finds a match, then it will calculate the conc based on your table.
Biotest user wrote:
Sequence table. I have a std of 3.81mg that is entered into the
calibration table. To calculate the amount in the sample I add the amount
of sample weighted, 263mg in the sample column and the volume of the flask
50ml in the dilution column is this correct?
What is the multipler used for in this context?

The dilution column will be a dilution factor not a dilution volume. If final volume is normally 1ml and you dilute to 50ml then 50 would be correct, but if you normally have 2ml volume and you dilute to 50ml then you need 25 in the dilution column(as examples)
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
do not fill in any numbers other than 1 in the multiplier columns. Same with sample info box. Do not fill in values other than 1 for multiplier or divisor or the system will think you are asking it to change the values.
7 posts Page 1 of 1