Totalchrom failure to seize Perkin Elmer Series 200 Pump

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
I would appreciate advice on Totalchrom failing to seize a Perkin Elmer Series 200 Pump.

I have a Perkin Elmer series 200 pump, autosampler, and UV detector. The HPLC system is run by Totalchrom version 6.3.2 workstation. After I activate "Take Control" command, I get two errors:
"-993 Seize failed"
"-984 While taking control of the pump. ERROR 35 AT A: = Instrument does not
repond."

The LC system is connect to the workstation computer with a LINK box.
We have tried turning everything off, then back on; making sure to turn the LINK box on after the LC units.
Hi,

i used to have this issue and it had to do with the connection between the link and the instruments. My advice: make a new instrument setup in system configuration and see if that will work.
Thank you for replying to my post.

We had to blow out the entire HPLC system in Totalchrom and Link box, then add a new HPLC system.

Link Box Reset:
1. Turn Link box off.
2. Turn Switch 8 to on position on the box. (clears all IPM out of box memory)
3. Turn Link box on and wait for all flashing to finish (green-yellow-red)
4. Turn Link box off.
5. Turn Switch 8 to off position.
6. Turn Link box on.
Sallybeetle wrote:
I would appreciate advice on Totalchrom failing to seize a Perkin Elmer Series 200 Pump.

I have a Perkin Elmer series 200 pump, autosampler, and UV detector. The HPLC system is run by Totalchrom version 6.3.2 workstation. After I activate "Take Control" command, I get two errors:
"-993 Seize failed"
"-984 While taking control of the pump. ERROR 35 AT A: = Instrument does not
repond."

The LC system is connect to the workstation computer with a LINK box.
We have tried turning everything off, then back on; making sure to turn the LINK box on after the LC units.

Hello,

Would you be able to provide a schematic for all the connections necessary for your system to run via TotalChrom? We have the exact same setup at the college I work at, but I am mostly familiar with Agilent systems and Perkin Elmer is taking forever to respond. Thanks so much!
4 posts Page 1 of 1