Headspace 7697A with 7890 - No trigger to acquire

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

16 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi ,

Headspace 7697A carries out equilibration , pressurization and injection down transfer line
HP6890 then starts oven program (lights on HP6890 turn on)
Empower 3 sits on status 'Preparing - Sample for injection'
No trigger to collect and acquire data
Lace boxes all working and pinging (IP addresses ok) and you can monitor baseline and detector output ok
Any thoughts ? Thanks
I've never had this happen to me, but I have 1 thought. In the Empower instrument method is "None" selected for the Injector? That's how we set up our methods. I was thinking if an injector was selected maybe that could cause this problem?????
Is the GC actually running or is it waiting for something? Try seeing if hitting the 'Prep Run' button makes everything work. If it does you need to enable 'Auto Prep Run' in the GC Config.
Hi ,

Thanks for your reply
Yes - None is selected as injector type

Hitting prep run makes no difference

I will have a look at auto prep run

Any further thoughts let me know

Could it be the LACE box ?!
Hi ,

Still no forward with this

When the 7697A headspace injects the status time on GC 6890 immediately starts counting upwards (Time = 0.xyz) so injection is recognised from HS to GC
Empower 3 remains on 'waiting on injection'

Any thoughts much appreciated
What if you created a method where there is no injector, no headspace, and the Channel is set to TEST PLOT. When you load this method Empower will Wait for Injection. At this point, press the START button on the GC and see if Empower starts recording the TEST PLOT chromatogram. This will tell you if the GC is communicating with Empower.
Hi ,

I tried a manual injection ,, nor quite as you detailed above and Empower collected the data

I did notice configuration on back ALS injector

What should this be set at ? Does this come into play with remote control ?
Current options
No Headspace
Headspace 7697A (12 Vial)
Headspace 7697A (111Vial)

But when I select Headspace 7697A (111Vial) the GC out put tries to communicate with Empower and counts up
Downloading method info from Empower to GC and HS not a problem
Sounds like all the instruments are communicating with each other. Empower can download the method to the GC and headspace. Empower can also monitor the baseline. The headspace triggers the GC to start. The GC triggers Empower to collect data when done manually. I think you are on the right track looking at the method and how the instruments are configured. The GC is waiting for something besides the headspace to trigger it to tell Empower to start collecting data. Maybe it's waiting for the back ALS injector?

Unfortunately, I do not have the exact same set up as you. I have Empower 3 controlling a 7890 with an Agilent G1888. I don't understand why you are seeing a back ALS (I'm assuming it's a 7693) injector. That could be the problem. Can you post a screen shot of the Settings screen of your Empower method.
Hi

Thanks
Back ALS Injector is one of the options on the GC6890 (part of configuration)
I cant seem to get a screen shot onto the forum

Guide for adding picture doesn't work
ydna1977 wrote:
Hi
...Guide for adding picture doesn't work

Just post a link to a picture.
How do I do that ?
ydna1977 wrote:
How do I do that ?

Upload a picture to a server (eg. Imgur) and post url address here.
ok ,, try this
https://imgur.com/a/H1mFd
Some more photos,

Empower screen and GC/HS set up when running
https://imgur.com/a/hK3Pb
From the photo it looks like the headspace is connected to the back inlet, and maybe a tower injector on the front inlet. Am I seeing that correctly? I'm thinking there is a problem with how the Empower method has the instruments configured, that's why I wanted to see a screen shot of the "Settings" tab screen of your Empower method. You posted the Run screen.

Have you ever ran a method with this configuration before?
16 posts Page 1 of 2