'This Computer is out of memory.Continue?' issue

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,my question about GC-MS.

Since last two weeks when i try run sequence this issue appear and i am clicking the 'Yes' then sequence keep going on normally.

But i wonder about that issue. I have enough place at C and D so i have no idea why that issue comes up?

Waiting your comments.
People might be able to help you better if they knew what data system/controller, what version of the software and of Windows.
-- Tom Jupille
LC Resources / Separation Science Associates
tjupille@lcresources.com
+ 1 (925) 297-5374
If you are running MSDChemstation on a Windows7 computer, you will get that error if you leave Data Analysis up and running all the time. Usually if you close the DA window and reopen it will go away. Never had that problem on WindowsXP or 2000, but W7 seems to have a memory leak running the older software.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
James_Ball wrote:
...if you leave Data Analysis up and running all the time...but W7 seems to have a memory leak...

Like James said, this isn't a C: or D: drive issue, it sounds like a RAM issue.

Next time it happens, hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open up your Task Manager on Windows. Look at the resources bar on the bottom. If physical memory is at 100% utilization, you're out of RAM. Look at the Processes tab and see which program is eating the most RAM.

Close/open the software and make a habit of restarting the computer from time to time.
benchem wrote:
James_Ball wrote:
...if you leave Data Analysis up and running all the time...but W7 seems to have a memory leak...

Like James said, this isn't a C: or D: drive issue, it sounds like a RAM issue.

Next time it happens, hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open up your Task Manager on Windows. Look at the resources bar on the bottom. If physical memory is at 100% utilization, you're out of RAM. Look at the Processes tab and see which program is eating the most RAM.

Close/open the software and make a habit of restarting the computer from time to time.

Thank you James and you. That is totally solved my problem.
5 posts Page 1 of 1