Chromeleon control over Agilent 1260 Hardware

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Good Evening, Everyone,

I've a buddy in the U.K. that has an Agilent 1260-based kit, I think he has a G1367B autosampler, the AS is equipped to perform sample pretreatment, whatever the AS model is. He is running the 1260 LC under Chromeleon. I'm wondering if there is a way, using Chromeleon, to send a delayed signal (or maybe two signals) to the the pump to start the gradient and then perform the injection so as to simulate a HPLC with a larger gradient dwell volume than the 1260? I know that this can be done with ISET and a 1290 LC with OpenLab...could this be arranged with Chromeleon somehow? I apologize, I'm not sure which version of Chromeleon is on his system...maybe a good guess is Version 7.2.0 (or 6.8.0)?

Sorry that I don't have much more than that to go on, and I thank you in advance for any help or guidance you can share.
MattM
Hello

Agilent samplers have option "Automatic Delay Volume Reduction ON". So even if Chromeleon doesn't have option to control it you can always set it up on hand controller and save method - Chromeleon should then run it.

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz
Hi Tomasz!

Great to hear from you--I don't suppose you know Jorge Colmenares? He's at P&G in the London area? Anyhow, I'll send this along to him.

We both thank you--question from Jorge was posted on International HPLC Users on LinkedIn.
MattM
3 posts Page 1 of 1