How do you "activate" a custom field?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
I have created a custom field which calculates the percent diff between areas of two injections of a sample and i have the label for this sample in the custom field calculation but how do i activate it to get a result? The custom field is in the project but do i just put Summarize Custom Fields directly under this standard line or does it go at end of sample set?
1) Include output for the CF in a report.
2) The Summarize CFs command usually goes at the end of a SSM.
Thanks,
DR
Hi ,

As DR has mentioned

Make sure you have Calibrate (Label for ref stds) and Quantitate (Label for samples) also at the end of sequence (Processing 'Normal'
Thank you. So if i had 2 summarize custom fields in the one sample set is it sufficient to put "Summarize custom fields" as the last line in the sample set or would i need to add this directly underneath each relevant line? Also do i have to add calibrate and quantitate, i would have thought this was covered in Summarize custom fields?
Hi ,

Last line or at the end of the sample set

If you have created a sample set in the wizard you should have Calibrate and quantitate at the end of the sample set
You need all 3 to produce meaningful results
Calibrate - for standard curve
Quantitate - for unknown (samples)

Typically at the end of the sequence :
Equilibrate , no label , Normal
Calibrate , label for stds, Normal
Quantitate, label for samples, Normal
Summarize Custom Fields, no label , Normal

Hope this helps
Thanks very much for your reply I will try that.
6 posts Page 1 of 1