Chemstation G1034c disks

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I have a 5971/5890 smart card 1 which has happily run for years, however the computer has totalled the hard drive as well as the backup hard drive. so I am having to re-install,
I have the original G1034 install disks 5 3.5" floppies but 2 won't run so I am stuck, does anyone have .img files of the floppy disks?
I have G1034C rev C 02.00 MS chemstation, I have managed to image disks 1, 2 and 3 but not 4 or 5,
can anyone help? it would be a shame to junk a decent machine because of software.

thanks
Mike
Colin: good news, I have G1034C installation discs saved on my hard drive. We used this version on our 5890 GC with 5971 MSD.

Bad news: it's G1034C Revision C01.05 not the revision you had, that's what we used until boss retired the unit, so you'd need to load up this version, and I don't know what the difference would be (might be which version of Wondows it's compatible with). This one has four "discs", and somehow (when I knew how) I apparently made a zip file and an executable file, so each of those may contain all that is needed. Each file is about 6 MB, so I can E-mail those if you post your E-mail address here (like colin1 at xyz dot com).
fantastic, the files are going to be pretty much the same and I can just trick the software with disk labels to make ersatz disks

my email is colin at Leksing dot co dot uk

much appreciated
Colin - I sent the zipped file and the executable file with the extension changed by E-mail (more details in the E-mail). If neither of those work, I do have electronic copies of the four 3.5 inch diskettes and can likely put on a CD for you.
Thanks so very much, with a bit of messing about I was able to copy and replace the dead ver 2.00 files using the same file on the ver 1.00 disk to make the whole thing work as ver C 2.00 and now it is all back together.
learned a lesson here floppies die
DVDs die too. Image hard drives.
thanks so much for your help. you most certainly deserve good Karma,
best
colin
Nice that someone here could help.
6 posts Page 1 of 1