Offline data analysis with ChemStation on Virtual Box WinXP

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Dear community,

I have the following problem and I was not able to find a solution in the internet.

I'm working with Agilent GC 6890N and MS 5975.
I want to analyze my data at home, so I try to install the software on my laptop (just for data analysis).
This laptop works with Windows 10, so I installed VirtualBox Version 5.1.22 with Windows XP SP3.
Then I installed MSD Chemstation, I tried version D.02.00 and E.02.00 and I have the same problem:
After installation, I config an Offline Instrument with the correct MS and correct GC with the default IP adresses.
Then I open Data analysis, which in general works, but somehow there are connections missing. First, the menue on top is missing (with File, ...). Second, all the other icons are visible, but when I try to click, I can see on the bottom of the program "Undefined symbol".
Third, I'm not able to open a measurement, when I right-click as usual on the folder, there is just the option "macro" instead of "Load, Overlay TIC, ...".

I was not able to find a solution, can anybody help me please? :shock:

Thanks,
Annika
AnnikaW wrote:
Dear community,

I have the following problem and I was not able to find a solution in the internet.

I'm working with Agilent GC 6890N and MS 5975.
I want to analyze my data at home, so I try to install the software on my laptop (just for data analysis).
This laptop works with Windows 10, so I installed VirtualBox Version 5.1.22 with Windows XP SP3.
Then I installed MSD Chemstation, I tried version D.02.00 and E.02.00 and I have the same problem:
After installation, I config an Offline Instrument with the correct MS and correct GC with the default IP adresses.
Then I open Data analysis, which in general works, but somehow there are connections missing. First, the menue on top is missing (with File, ...). Second, all the other icons are visible, but when I try to click, I can see on the bottom of the program "Undefined symbol".
Third, I'm not able to open a measurement, when I right-click as usual on the folder, there is just the option "macro" instead of "Load, Overlay TIC, ...".

I was not able to find a solution, can anybody help me please? :shock:

Thanks,
Annika

First thing that come into my mind is if you correctly install Agilent IO Librairies before installing MSDChem ? Then, remember to restart your VM after each step of the installation process.
Another possibility is that the files your are triing to install are corrupted... Did you successfully install them on another computer ?
2 posts Page 1 of 1