Calculate unknown from calibration curve with EMPOWER???

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

8 posts Page 1 of 1
How to do I calculate an unknown form Waters empower? I have a set of standards prepared from 100ppm, 50ppm, 10, 1ppm, 0.1ppm and I have a couple of unknowns. I have set up my instrument method and my processing method. So I have raw data. Im not a novice to empower I just cant remember how to generate the calibration curve. I review the data and identify the std peak and intergrate and I review each injection so that the std peak is identified …do I then press the calibrate button…or when do I press that? Then I process the calibration curve?. Then I do the same again to unknowns i.e review and intergrate so how do I relate the unknown back to the calibration curve?…or is ALL of this done automatically by empower? Do I need a custom filed calculation?
guys i really am desperate...please help
ok what am i doing wrong?....this is what im currently doing!..In channels, highlight all your standard injections, right click > Alter Sample, then I think it's edit > amounts, then File > Copy component from processing method. Choose your processing method, the components should show up, enter the amounts. In units, my work only uses ppb, so we type "<ppb" in units without the quotes. Save everything, then open your standards in review, open your processing method, and quantitate each. Then check the curve, make sure it looks good and do File > Save > Calibration. Then open that processing method to analyze samples.
Name your UKN, specify your main peak as its CCALREF1 and reprocess.
Thanks,
DR
how do i specifiy my main peak as CCALREF1?
In sample set:
-Click component tab and fill in weight of original standard
-Make sure that your standard are actually set as "standard" make the first one Level 1, etc.
-Label your standards (eg. S0101 for 0.1, S0201 for 1ppm etc).
-Have unknown injections as unknown, include weights and dilution factor, label as U01, U02 etc.
-For all injections set to Do not process or report
-After injection set "clear calibration"
-Then Calibrate with the reference labels "S01* S02* S03* S04* S05*" ExaCtly as typed in the " "
-Quantitate with label reference to your sample "U01*"

I think that should work...its a starting point at least.

PS - Use the help menu, its VERY helpful..
Oh I forgot, at the Clear calibration line, change to Process normal or whatever it says
seamoro wrote:
ok what am i doing wrong?....this is what im currently doing!..In channels, highlight all your standard injections, right click > Alter Sample, then I think it's edit > amounts, then File > Copy component from processing method. Choose your processing method, the components should show up, enter the amounts. In units, my work only uses ppb, so we type "<ppb" in units without the quotes. Save everything, then open your standards in review, open your processing method, and quantitate each. Then check the curve, make sure it looks good and do File > Save > Calibration. Then open that processing method to analyze samples.

Are you sure, that in your processing method one substance ist marked as 'default peak'? Only with this marker, Empower will treat unnamed compounds like the calibration for the default substance.
8 posts Page 1 of 1