Beckman HPLC Software

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

12 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I am using a Beckman System Gold HPLC comprised of 508 autosampler, 126 solvent module, and 168 detector. The HPLC is controlled by Gold Nouveau Chromatography Data system which runs on Windows 95. We are looking into the possibility of using a computer with better specifications to run the machine and have found out that the latest Karat software from Beckman can run our old machine. However, the software is quite expensive (£ 6400) so we are looking for alternatives. Has anyone has the same problem? if so, could you please share how you have gone about this. Thank you very much.

Maria
Hi Maria,

I know that the Beckman HPLCs used a control board known as a Gold Board to control their systems. This board is specific to the Beckman HPLC systems and since it is made by Beckman is the only way of using computer control with this instrument. If you are willing to use a Windows 2000 OS computer they do still have the older version of there 32Karat software (version 5) available for free. It does require Windows 2000 specifically though. Email cesupport@beckman.com for details
Hi Maria,
Did you solve the problem?
I have the same problem, I have 126 solvent module and 168 detector but it is controlled by 32 Karat 5.0 (software suggested by dugas121). This software is protected by an electronic key that unfortunately got lost when my computer broke out. I have asked Beckman for a new key because I have the software and a new computer equipped with windows 2000 but for this they want to charge 934 euros. I have been very surprised because I bought the software together with HPLC. Did you find this softwer free or another software able to work with this HPLC?
Thank you very much
Hi dipper to

I handle product support here at Beckman and can send a license copy for version 5. Please email in to Beckman at the Cesupport@beckman.com with ship to info or my email address : stev434@hotmail.com with this info

Steve Questa
Beckman Coulter
Hello,

I’m working in a research project at University of Algarve, Portugal, and I’m trying to work with a HPLC system with the following modules:

-System Gold programmable Solvent Module 126
-System Gold programmable Detector 166
-Analog Interface 406
-JASCO RI 1530 Inteligent Detector

The system was working until the computer crashed last summer.

Now we found an old computer compatible with the control board and we installed the System Gold Personal Chromatography Software, which was in 6 old floppy disks stored with the manual. However, the system doesn’t initialize.

It seems that there was another software that was installed when the Analog Interface 406 was added but this software disks have been lost.

Can someone help-me to get a software able to control this HPLC system ?

Best regards

Jorge Carlier
:?
hi

Finally I got the System Gold Chromatography Software version 8.10 installed.

However, when I run it (with all the modules on), the message “SCC board will not initialize” pop up with an “ok” option to select.

When I select “ok” the Initial configuration screen of the software opens but without any module either on system 1 or system 2.

Does anyone knows what can be the problem?

Hi

jcarlier wrote:
Hello,

I’m working in a research project at University of Algarve, Portugal, and I’m trying to work with a HPLC system with the following modules:

-System Gold programmable Solvent Module 126
-System Gold programmable Detector 166
-Analog Interface 406
-JASCO RI 1530 Inteligent Detector

The system was working until the computer crashed last summer.

Now we found an old computer compatible with the control board and we installed the System Gold Personal Chromatography Software, which was in 6 old floppy disks stored with the manual. However, the system doesn’t initialize.

It seems that there was another software that was installed when the Analog Interface 406 was added but this software disks have been lost.

Can someone help-me to get a software able to control this HPLC system ?

Best regards

Jorge Carlier
:?
Can anyone share me the software System Gold Chromatography Software version 8.10?
version 8.0 or 8.10? I couldn't find information of 8.10.

Another question is, can version 5.0 be free downloaded and used without buying key? I kinda have the same situation about computer crash.
Dr. SALM wrote:
Can anyone share me the software System Gold Chromatography Software version 8.10?

Hi

Excuse me, do you found the software?

Oscar
lijianing1984 wrote:
version 8.0 or 8.10? I couldn't find information of 8.10.

Another question is, can version 5.0 be free downloaded and used without buying key? I kinda have the same situation about computer crash.

Hi

Excuse me, do you found any version of software?

Oscar
This may not help, but might be worth noting. 10+ years ago, the very old workstation controlling our Beckman HPLC/System Gold died and we replaced it. The HPLC just would not work at all until we underclocked the CPU in the new workstation. Then it worked fine. This was with a DOS/Win 3.1 system, and there was a CPU/ISA slot clock timing issuing. Shouldn't be an issue with newer hardware, but I was surprised when we figured that out.
Polish people has created the program that can solve the problem described above: http://lp-chrom.com/index.php/pl/

Very cheap and cool! I have reanimated my SystemGold easily!
12 posts Page 1 of 1