Empower Reports - Exporting Report Query

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi

Currently have Empower
I have reports that I need to use on other workstations
How can I export reports from one workstation to another in stand alone environment ?
Cant seem to save report as a file and copy to datastick for example

Much appreciated
Drop report method copies into a new project, archive new project directly to a memory stick. Move memory stick, restore project, copy methods into appropriate projects on other workstations. If your workstations are on a LAN, you can archive the project to a folder on the LAN that the other workstations can see, then restore from there - no memory stick needed. If you can remote to the other workstations, you can do it all from one location.

Crude, but effective.
Thanks,
DR
I am assuming this practice is not done under the watchful eye of your QA for data integrity ? :shock: ,, but thanks for your input
I took the OP request to be focused on Report Methods. If this is true, there's nothing wrong with my suggestion - should be "QA Kosher".

If actual reports are needed... That's a different story.
The PDF files that Empower puts out are readable via Acrobat and can be sneaker-netted around easily enough, but you'll find that they're junk when it comes to copying and pasting data out of them for use in other programs. What's needed for use in other programs is an export method and the utility of this is pretty limited to data tables and fields (no chromatograms).

If my first answer is insufficient to suit the needs of the OP, let us know what you need in more detail...
Thanks,
DR
Hi ,

I just need the reports from Empower and move to another workstation
Otherwise means creating from scratch - which is a long drawn out process
Archiving whole project to the other workstation would cause more problems than anything else from a compliance/data integrity (duplicate data)

Any other thoughts let me know

Andy
Drag the reports from the methods tab onto your windows desktop.

Copy the reports from the desktop to a flash drive.

Take the flash drive to the other workstation and drag and drop from the flash drive to the methods tab of the desired project(s).

Rinse and repeat.

As long as the database version is the same, you can copy reports between workstations in this manner.
Have you tried this?
Thanks,
DR
Hi ,

Tried this but with no success

Cannot drag anything onto desktop at all. I think you can only transfer or drag files from project to project within empower itself

Does this require admin rights maybe or am I missing something ?

Thanks
I did not think that would work :(

Creating, archiving and restoring a project on other workstations should work.
The trick is to limit what goes into this new "sneakernet" project. Only the report method and any associated custom fields should go into the new project from the existing project (you will not be archiving the existing project or any of its data). Just drag them (report method & needed custom fields) into the new project from the existing project and do not take any data (no sample sets or results sets) into the new project.

When you make the new project, make sure that the full audit trail status (FAT) matches that of the project from which you intend to copy the report method.

This way, there is no worry about data security. Once the "sneakernet" project has been restored onto other workstations, its report method and any associated custom fields can be copied into other projects (that have the same FAT status).
Thanks,
DR
What I posted above does work, but I do believe that you need full admin rights to be able to do so.

The FAT options are also a consideration as are potentially allowing shallow copies between projects.
Hi
Thanks for information
I thought you would need full admin rights
11 posts Page 1 of 1