Trace Ultra GC and Triplus AS Handshaking

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone (and anyone):

Last week my lab experienced a hard drive failure for the workstation that runs a Trace Ultra, Polaris Q, Triplus AS system. This system has been running without significant issues since early 2013. After installing a new workstation and installing Foundation and Xcalibur 2.2 SP1 along with the drivers for the three components, I am having issues with the handshake settings between the the Trace and the Triplus. If I configure as specified in the manuals the Triplus does not inject at beginning of the run and Trace starts the run anyway. By changing the handshake settings on the Trace keypad I can get the Triplus to inject, but the run timer actually starts a full minute before the actual injection as the solvent pre-injection wash cycles are completed. No matter how I try to play musical chairs with the handshake settings I cannot get this system to properly initiate the run at contact closure.

Xcalibur shows proper communication with all three devices.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Greg
We no longer use the triplus (changed it to an old old combipal that works a lot better).
but back than this was our handshaking config with a TSQ ms:

remote start in: high to low
inhibit ready in: when low (for our DSQ this was when high so might want to try both)
end of run out: high to low
start of run out: high to low
GC ready out: when low
perp run out: when low.

hope this helps
2 posts Page 1 of 1