Waters UNIFI compared with Empower

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
Waters has now launched UNIFI. The roumour I have heard is that UNIFI will replace Empower and NuGenesis over time. The information on the Waters web-sites are not that informative yet. Has anyonel looked ant UNIFI and has some information to share? I very curious what advatages UNIFI has compared with Empower.
Hi all again,
My view is that MassLynx has inferior datahandling and report capapability. The Waters representative here say that Unifi is still for "bioanalysis" and not for organic chemsitry. It is hard if not impossible to get information about Unifi. Has anyone replaced MassLynx with Unifi and what is the experience?
Hi all,
The years go by and what has been done? All our MS's are gettign really old (on MassLynx) and we have to do a strategic descion what to select to replace old MS on MassLynx (in regulated environment). Yet no one har using Unifi and prepared to share their experience of Unifi?
Sadly, I have very little experience or knowledge of UNIFI.

I thought Waters moved away from MassLynx and brought all MS analysis into Empower. You might need to purchase the add-on option for that, but I thought that was the way the transition was to be handled.

Sadly, I've not used an MS connected to Waters software since 2003-2004 (ZQ 4000's) and MassLynx was used for the Millennium/Empower control back then.

My post 2004 experience has all been ABSciex/Analyst … and I am not a fan of the Analyst software at all.
Hi shaun78, As far as I know Empower supports and will only support single quad instruments (but that is old information by now). It is a little strange that it is so hard to get user experience about UNIFI.
Hi Guys

I've worked on Unifi whilst at Waters, it combines Empower and Masslynx in to a single software. On top that it's a bit of a LIMS type software that can run multiple instruments.

It's quite unlike anything else, most people don't like it at first as it's not very intuitive. It wasn't really until I did the in-house training that I finally got it!
6 posts Page 1 of 1