Addition of Agilent 1100 modules

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
I have a question regarding the addition of two Agilent 1100 modules, G1316A column oven and G1330A thermostat for the autosampler to an HPLC consisting of Agilent 1100/1200 modules of pump, detector and autosampler. The software to control the instrument is Chromeleon, version 6.8. I have connected all the Agilent modules via CAN, and the instrument is connected via LAN cable from detector to PC. I have connection to the detector.
Unfortunately, I am not able to see the two modules, column oven and thermostat, when I enter the configuration editor of Agilent. Likewise, I am not able to find the two modules in the Chromeleon instrument configuration....
Furthermore, when I try to start the pump, I get these error messages:
"VISA library failed to initialise. Check VISA library set up". "LICOP command not acknowledged".
Does anybody know, what could be wrong?
Any help is very much appreciated!
Hello AMVO,

what prerequisites do you have:
[*] at least CM 6.80 SR 10
[*] Agilent ICF and Agilent LC Driver PachK (Version A.01.01 SP1 or higher is installed on the IPC!
[*] you are a member of the "Chromeleon Operateurs" or "local Admin"
[*]have you checked FW Firmware Requirements?

I would recommend:
1. Stop the Chromeleon Instrument Server
2. Delete the complete Agilent Timebase (take Screenshots from the configuration)
3. Power down the Interface-PC, Power Cycle the complete Agilent Tower (modules)
4. Start IPC and Agilent system new and configure a new Timebase (same Name) with the new modules

I hope this will help!

Cheers

Colu
Hello Columbus,
Thank you very much for your response.
I think that my problem is maybe due to different firmware on the two added modules in relation to the allready configured Agilent modules. My approach is now to try to update the firmware and maybe also the ICF, and then I will try, what you recommended.
Hope it works.
Unfortunately, I have not managed to get the HPLC to work...
I was advised to use the Agilent Lab advisor tool in order to update the firmware. In the System overview of the Lab advisor tool, I am able to connect to the HPLC system and I can identify all the modules (the LED of the modules are turned on briefly), except for the added column compartment... In addition, when I go to the firmware update tool in the Lab advisor, I am only able to place a check mark for the autosampler and the pump and update firmware for these modules. Not the column compartment and the fluorescence detector? The firmwares of the modules are either A.06.54 or A.06.53, but for the column compartment, the firmware is A.06.03. In the chromeleon instrument configurer, I can see all the modules with serial numbers. But is it because the column compartment is not configured correctly? And how do I update the firmware of the column compartment?
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
BR,
Anne
Which Column Compartment do you have G1316X? Normally your instruments needs firmware from the same "decade" so B.06.5x or B.06.7x don´t mix B.06.5x with B.06.0x or something like this..

Maybe you are just missing the current firmware file for your Column Compartment?
5 posts Page 1 of 1