ChemStation turning valid license to gobblegook

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
I am working with ChemStation B.04.03. I've just reinstalled it on a new system and put in the valid license code through the Add Instrument tool. However, ChemStation won't launch claiming the license is invalid and when I return to the Add Instrument tool and look, sure enough our valid license has been transformed to a series of Chinese-esque characters. Anyone have any idea what's going and how I fix it?
Hello

When you're installing Chemstation you should add licence code during installation (not through "add instrument"). Instead of "add instrument" click button "next" and see what licences you have.

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz
What exactly do you think the ChemStation setup is doing during installation? It launches the Add Instrument tool to add the instrument. The next button on the first screen of the Add Instrument tool takes you to another screen where you can add the license; it does not automatically fill that in for you.

I am trying to find reasons and / or workarounds for that license being fine when entered through the Add Instrument tool (the only place you can enter that information), and then transforming into strange characters for no apparent reason by the time the Configuration Editor is done.
Hello

I'd check:
-regional settings for WIN
-netframework (you can install it again from Chemstation CD)

Regards

Tomasz Kubowicz
4 posts Page 1 of 1