How does ApexTrack calculate the inflection tangents?

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I'm trying to determine system suitability in Empower 2 without actually having the system suitability feature installed. So my idea is to measure peak width at the baseline by using the 2nd derivative plot to determine inflection points and then when I get the line use the zeroed baseline spectrum to find the zeroes of the tangent lines. Therefore my question is how does ApexTrack numerically determine the inflection tangents. The way I would do it is to average the slopes between the nearest bunching points before and after the inflection points. Thanks.
Apologies, this should probably be in the computing section. A related question, how do I even find the tangent points? Current method is to look at the inflection width and see what pair of time points fits that into the curve.
there should be some documentation available in the empower help or PDA manual or on the Waters homepage.

A nice book dealing with the integration of chromatograms is:

Quantification in LC and GC: A guide to good chromatographic data
Hans-Joachim Kuss, Stavros Kromidas
Wiley-VCH, 2009
ISBN: 978-3-527-32301-2
3 posts Page 1 of 1