PeakSimple Interface Board for SRI 8610 - Connection Issues

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
My lab acquired an old SRI 8610 GC, and we're having some trouble getting it hooked up and communicating with our PC.

This is one of the older GCs where the remote control does not have a USB or serial port interface. Instead, there is a ribbon cable connected to the PeakSimple interface board. According to the manual, the ribbon cable on the interface board is supposed to connect to the A/D board, and the A/D board is supposed to be inserted into the computer motherboard...but looking at the A/D board, this doesn't seem possible (it's directly connected to many GC components, seems like it should stay within the GC chassis).

Does anybody have any experience with this generation of GC? I'm wondering if it's possible to connect the ribbon cable directly into my PC (I don't have any spare 40 pin slots, but I could take out the CD-ROM drive perhaps). I have the PeakSimple software installed and ready to go, it's just a matter of getting the data system plugged in and communicating.

Thanks!
Dear kadynarski

My lab just got exactly one of this old GCs with ribbon cable connectors, do you mind sharing the solution to your case? I have not been able to find a terminal that can take this connectors on my computers yet.

cheers

H
Dumb question but do you have a peak simple board ? From your description the a/d in the GC should attach via ribbon cable to the Peak Simple board in the PC.
This may be wrong but usually GCs will have either an analogue out that attaches to an a/d (can be off board or as a board in the PC) or a digital output that uses usb or rs232 to link to the pc. There will always be a communication board in the PC if you do not have a GC that outputs digital data.
kadynarski wrote:
My lab acquired an old SRI 8610 GC, and we're having some trouble getting it hooked up and communicating with our PC.

This is one of the older GCs where the remote control does not have a USB or serial port interface.

Hi kadynarski, were you able to figure this issue out?
Im running into the exact same issue connecting my GC? Unfortunately PeakSimple's ADC runs $1,700 to $3,300.

I was hoping I could find a off a shelf ADC that would work with the SRI GC or PeakSimple. My specific GC unit has a serial out connector.
4 posts Page 1 of 1