Keypad disabled on 6890 with Chemstation on Win7

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I have a couple of computers running Win7 with B Version Chemstation. One with a 7890 and 6890 and another with a 6890 and a 6850. Both computers drive a valve based injection instrument. The problem is, the 6890 will not start from the keypad on a manual start. The display on the 6890 reads Keypad disabled and you have to start the run at the computer (under Run Control) then push the start button on the instrument. On the 7890 you can simply start the instrument by pushing the start button (which was true of the 6890 before moving to Win7 PC.) The same problem exists on the other computer running the 6890 and 6850. Is this a function of the B Version software? Is there a way around this?

Best regards,

AICMM
I believe there is a configuration setting in the software that locks the keypad when the GC is running. I'll see if I can remember where the setting is. I'm not sure why the 6890 would have the issue and the 7890 doesn't.
pacerlaser,

Thanks for the reply. Keyboard lock is off. You can walk to the instrument and set prep-run via the button but the start button at the instrument will not work without first telling the instrument to run under run control.

Best regards,

AICMM
3 posts Page 1 of 1