Dionex Suppressor for Frankenstein Metrohm/Dionex Build?

Discussions about IC and related topics

5 posts Page 1 of 1
So I have a Metrohm IC which I dislike for perchlorate.. So I am trying to run a Dionex Method (https://tools.thermofisher.com/content/ ... 0400_E.pdf) on a Metrohm Machines. I got the Column and Gaurd Column, the main problem I'm having is that chemical suppression that Metrohm uses, only works for 3-4 minutes with 65mM KOH. So I’m trying to install a Dionex Suppressor / column on a Metrohm machine. I picked up a dionex RFC-10 to power a dionex suppressor but the suppressor I picked up from eBay just ended up leaking up all over the place.. And I can’t find another used 4mm Dionex Anion suppressor ie ASAR 4mm, ULTRA, Ultra II, AERS 500) on eBay for cheap. And dishing out $1600 new for a test which probably will not pan out is.. harsh. Wondering if anyone has an old working suppressor that they aren’t using anymore that they are willing to donate to the project? I will post results if anyone is interested once I get everything working. I will gladly pay for shipping/misc costs?

Thanks all,
Ash
Dear aovaici

I don't know which method you dislike for perchlorate. Are you aware of AN-S-346.
Dr. Markus Laeubli
Manager Marketing Support IC
(retired)
Metrohm AG
9101 Herisau
Switzerland
Dear Markus,
I would love to pick your mind if you ever have a chance to chat, but that being said, I have spent thousands on different columns trying to get perchlorate to look good on Metrohm machines. I've now spent weeks trying out the solutions proposed by the phone tech support teams. I haven't tried that method, but that's because that would require that I purchase another suppressor (HC) for something that I suspect won't actually help. Also I have some more comments about the methods that have been sent to me if you ever have some time to chat. If you would like my contact info to chat, let me know.
Dear aovaici

Do not hesitate to contact me by mail markus.laeubli@metrohm.com.
Best ragards
Markus
Dr. Markus Laeubli
Manager Marketing Support IC
(retired)
Metrohm AG
9101 Herisau
Switzerland
Anyone have an old suppressor? Barely working? Needs cleaning? Possibly salvageable for a few runs?
5 posts Page 1 of 1