IC Auto sampler error 464

Discussions about IC and related topics

5 posts Page 1 of 1
I have a problem with my IC auto sampler.
I was running a batch and some error 464 came up after which my batch was interrupted
It says that the "syringe motor stalled".
I shut down the auto sampler and restarted again after which error 467 came up stating "sample buffer full"
How can i solve this problem.
I have a project due in a week.
Hi jadeoye,

I have seen several things in the field that caused error 464 - syringe motor stalled:
  • Bent needle tip
  • Clog in the autosampler's diverter valve (if installed)
  • Clog in the injection valve of the IC
  • Clog or restriction in the needle seal line
  • A mechanical problem with the syringe tower assembly

To check whether the diverter or injection valve is clogged...
  • Disconnect the needle seal line coming from the sampler's injection port at the point where it connects to the valve.
  • Perform a flush command to confirm that liquid moves freely through the line and no error occurs. If you don't see drops coming out at this point, your needle seal line may be clogged.
  • Reconnect the line to the valve and perform another flush command. If you get a syringe motor error, there is a clog in the valve.

For error 467 - command buffer full...
  • What version and service pack/service release of Chromeleon do you have (e.g., Chromeleon 6.80 SP4 or Chromeleon 6.80 SR13)?
  • Please check your program to make sure there is a "Wait FlushState" command immediately following the "Flush" command. These commands are before time 0.0 in your program and should look something like this:

Code: Select all

Flush                             Volume = 250
    Wait                              FlushState
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thanks for your response.
The version of my software is Chromeleon 6.80 SR 11
What i have on the command line is:
Line 1 : sampler.Acquire Exclusive Access
Line 2: Flush Volume = 5000
Line 2: Wait FlushState
Hi jadeoye,

Thank you for the info. You should have no problems with the order of the Wait and Flush commands using that version of Chromeleon.

If you disconnect the sampler from Chromeleon, turn the power off via the button on the front of the sampler, wait 10 seconds, and turn power back on- does the sampler initialize properly without any errors? If so, I think you should proceed with checking the items I listed previously as possible causes for the syringe motor stalled error.
Best regards,

John Guajardo
Senior Product Manager
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Hi,

I currently have the same problem. I have AS unit for Dionex ICS 3000. It says Syringe fatal error. Syringe motor stalled Error 464.

If i reset the autosampler, syringe won't initialize. Sometimes it does inititialize but error will show every time I try to prime or flush.

Thanks.
5 posts Page 1 of 1