Polarity switch in Sciex Qtrap 5500

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I am using a HPLC Agilent 1200 coupled to a mass spectrometer Sciex Qtrap 5500 and an Analyst software. I am working with many analytes and I wish to use polarity switch experiment (two experiments at same time, a positive and a negative). I tried and obtained a chromatogram with many peaks, as expected. So, I tried to do the command "Extrac ion" in the chromatogram and get the message that I can do this only when I use only one experiment (positive or negative). Anyone knows how can identify the peaks or obtain the chromatograms for each mass transition when I am performing polarity switch experiment?

Thank you!
Hello,

If you're using analyst, at the bottom along the X axis there are two arrows pointing down and away like ^. If you double-click on that it'll expand out to display the (+) and (-) TIC. From there you can find your XIC.
2 posts Page 1 of 1