Agilent 5977 with extractor source

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi All, I just cleaned my EI source (first time for an extractor source) and clipped the column on the GC-MS interface. Since there is a cone attached at the interface how much should the column show past the transfer line? I can't find anywhere on the web or in the manual that addresses this. I figured asking her is normally faster than trying to get the information from Agilent.
About 1-2mm past the inner sleeve of the interface just as with a normal source. You can loosen the setscrew on the cone and slip it off, install the column as usual then replace the cone. I found that to be the easiest way to do it.
The past is there to guide us into the future, not to dwell in.
Thanks James - see I knew it would be faster on here :lol:
3 posts Page 1 of 1