varian 1200/320 GC/MS

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

5 posts Page 1 of 1
What tool is needed to remove metal ring around Varian 1200/320 GC/MS Electron multiplier?
Is it an allen key or screwdriver?
Dusan Pesic wrote:
What tool is needed to remove metal ring around Varian 1200/320 GC/MS Electron multiplier?
Is it an allen key or screwdriver?

Most probably a Torx driver (I'm not at the lab so can't look at mine today) - they are a six-pointed star shape that looks similar to an Allen socket at first glance but will not properly grip and Allen key. In an emergency you can sometimes shift them with a flat screwdriver, but you risk messing up the screw head.

Peter
Peter Apps
Thank you Peter,
but which Torx? Which size?
Please, let me know when you find it out.
I'm not going to open up the MS to see which Torx fits I'm afraid. You can get a set of different sizes for not much money.

Peter
Peter Apps
OK, I supposed that you have one in your lab because you wrote:

"(I'm not at the lab so can't look at mine today)"

Thank you any way.
5 posts Page 1 of 1