Shimadzu QP2010s Problems

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
My lab has a Shimadzu QP2010s MS trouble with declining surrogate recovery that the Manufacturer repair rep said was too much water. The water peak has about as much intensity as the nitrogen peak. Is this normal? ...and if not, how can I get the water down?
In the tuning menu, you can use "peak monitor view" to check for leaks. Target m/z = 18, and then you can start troubleshooting. Ideally there should be no peak at all when you do this. The ferrules on both ends of the column are common spots, as is the o-ring on the inlet.
The Shimadzu has a 2010 GC and an O-I Analytical Eclipse 4600 P&T. We've changed the column, had O-I replace the P&T. The rough pump and turbo were replaced and only 6 months old. I don't think the system has any leaks because the vacuum indicator is normal. I know O-I has a reputation for poor water management but I think it might be something in the MS. Thanks very much for any help.
If you plug the detector end with a blank ferrule (no column), do you still see a water peak?
Hi.

If you´re watching the peak of water the same height as the nitrogen you should plug the MS entrance with a blank ferrule, put a hight temperature in the interface 250ºC perhaps and then let it pump down overnight.

That sure can help. If not, check the O-ring in the front door and replace it with a new one if neccesary.
Hi.
I have a problem with this model.
how can I connect to one of you that have this model.
tnx
6 posts Page 1 of 1