Software options for Varian Saturn 2000 GC-MS

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

28 posts Page 2 of 2
Hello,

If you have any possibility I can send it.

Regards,
marlenl wrote:
Hello,

If you have any possibility I can send it.

Regards,

Hi! Could you please! My contact info is c_n_arden@yahoo.com - you would be a total life saver if you could. Thanks!

Do you have dropbox?
Hello,

Yes, I try it.

Regards,
I can't thank you enough!
Hi All

We too have a Varian Saturn 2000 with a 3800. We are wanting to upgrade our windows 98 to windows XP--how can we do this--will Saturn WS ver 5.5 work with XP?
I believe Adron Systems has the software you need to run this ion trap and GC. You can also download a demo version that will allow you to do 10 minute runs. www.adronsystems.com

Regards
figbar wrote:
Hi All

We too have a Varian Saturn 2000 with a 3800. We are wanting to upgrade our windows 98 to windows XP--how can we do this--will Saturn WS ver 5.5 work with XP?

I think the 5.5 does not work under XP, but I can send You the MSWS 6.9. It should work. I need Your email.

Kind regards,
Hi all,

I apologize for bumping an old topic but the subject is closely related to an issue I've run into. Our lab recently pickup up a gc 3800 with a saturn 2000 and we have the 6.9 software with sp1 running on a Win XP computer. For some reason, I don't get MRM as an option in the ion preparation tab of the MS acquisition method. I spoke with a couple phone techs at agilent and they mentioned they don't service or support the saturn 2000, but that the issue is likely related to not having the latest software.

Does any of that sound right to you guys? I'm told that the 6.9.3 is the latest but I'm not sure where to get it.

Cheers
ZuO

edit: Maybe one more off topic question for you aficionados. With agilent's masshunter software, you can adjust the "dwell time" to get a good number of scans across a peak. Currently, for our saturn 2000, we are getting something like 6 data points per peak of about 6 seconds when running in MS/MS ion preparation mode with scan time set to the minimum (0.24 seconds/scan). Is there any other way to get the more data points across 6 seconds? Or do I just need to switch to MRM?
Hi ZUO

I have also noticed the MRM option can be missing, although I suspect that it might be earlier versions of software that actually had it. The thing is that the term MRM is slightly misleading when describing what the ion trap does. The number of 'transitions' that the Saturn can handle is very low compared to a triple quad. What do you need it to do?

Kind regards

MARK H
Hi Marlenl!

I, too, would like a copy of the software. I am running a 3800/2100T.

mckrause@austin.rr.com
Mark Krause
Laboratory Director
Krause Analytical
Austin, TX USA
Hi

Regarding "MRM" on the Saturn, you can only do it if has been upgraded with the neccessary chip.

You should be able to check to see if it is fitted from the softwre "configuration log"

Regards

Martin
www.atlas-labservices.com
Hi all!

Could someone send me the software for Varian CP-3800 please!
My contact information is kulle2@yandex.com

If you could be a gentlemen for sending the software driver, Thanks for being a total life saver!
Hey everyone!

if anyone has a copy of the varian workstation software that i could get from them i would really appreciate it! my email address is 5424682@student.swin.edu.au

once ive got it, ill try to put it up in a dropbox or something and post the link here so that people dont have to keep reviving this thread to get it

thanksfor all the advice too!
28 posts Page 2 of 2