GC MS SHIMADZU PQ2010 PLUS autotuning failed

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all!
I´m brand new using gc ms. The equipment was shutted down for 1 year, and now we have to use it to proccess some wine samples using head space. The problem is that when I run auto tuning, my base peak is 28 or 14, and the 69 peak NEVER was twice the size of 28 peak. I looked for leaks and I can´t no detect any. I tried to fill the PFTBA with more sample and the capillary of that septum broked, is that important? any help will be great!!!!!!
Thanks,
Victoria
Victoria,

First, let us know your vacuum status, then abundance for 18, 28, and 69.
if you seem 18 and 28 more than 96T either you've leak, or you dont have PFTBA.

bahram
If the PFTBA septum is broken then there is no more PFTBA for tuning. Ordering a new standard vial is all you can really do.
Thankyou all of you for your tips. We had 4 or 5 gas leaks, we repaired them, ande then we order new PFTBA septum, and the GCMS is working perfect!
Thanks again!
4 posts Page 1 of 1