Agilent 6210 TOF ,Ion optic slicer fault error

Discussions about GC-MS, LC-MS, LC-FTIR, and other "coupled" analytical techniques.

6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all

I'm setting up Agilent 6210 TOF LCMSD. after fixing vacuum problems, I'm going to next step.
when I turn on the MASS, vacuum starts from 1×10-5 and after 30 min reaches 1×10-6 and after 7 hours reaches 5×10-7. I think Vacuum is OK for now.
Now,I've some errors and questions and will be really thankful if somebody helps me solving them.

1-what should I do after vacuum reached 5*10-7? should I start HV condition? what should I do, or I should not do?
2-I've error on status telling me:"Ion Optic slicer fault". this error comes up when vacuum reaches 2*10-6. I don't know what can cause this and what should I check. Please let me know how can I deal with this error.
3-Another warning is about Ion source.it seems that my ESI source could not be identified and error comes: Ion source is not identical".
4- I've run diagnostic tool, and got some error messages:

masked fault: Apci heater sensor open
masked fault : RF fault
masked fault: mass dac calibration fault
masked fault: iris fault

I'll be really happy if you help me solving this problems and getting this instrument up and working.

PS: if you've any detailed service manual for this instrument, I'll be thankful to have it.
Best regards
Bahram
bahram111@yahoo.com
Update info:
1- vacuum is now about 4.3*10-7 and going down.
2-Source problem solved.
3-looking for 24V power supply. seems I've problem with 24V.
any hints is welcome.
update:
24V problem solved.
Now, system is UP and running.No errors or faults for now.
Unfortunately, I've changed some parameters on configuration , and lost signal.
now, system is running, but signal is zero.
any hints or comments?
Update:

I think I could pinpoint problem.
When i try to do Autotune, system wants to hange Slicer to -13, and Ion focus to -100. then, error shows up.

any hints?
Kind of hard to say what the problem might be.

What's the history of the instrument? When was it last working?

This could presumably be a problem with the slicer electronics. That could be very expensive! Or the slicer might need cleaning.

We have a 6530. I assume a 6210 is fairly similar.

First thing I would do though is check the glass inlet capillary. If that looks OK take the detector out and see how that looks. The MCP detector has a finite life. If it looks brown/charred it needs to be replaced. (Happened to us) if the detector is barely working the Autotune could do strange things.

Good luck!
Dear Ian
Thanks for your attention.
unfortunately, I don't have any idea about instruments past condition. I've received it AS IS.
It has some vacuum problems and I've fixed them. then, tried to get some signals.
I'll check for capillary and let you the results.

Kind regards
bahram
6 posts Page 1 of 1