Input boxes in macros

Discussions about chromatography data systems, LIMS, controllers, computer issues and related topics.

3 posts Page 1 of 1
I am trying to create a macro that opens a dialog box to give the user a list of options to select (Chemstation E.02.021431). The INPUT6 command only allows up to 6 options, but I need to list 13 options. Is there another command I can use to create a larger list? Or am I stuck having to add a NEXT button to make a second and third dialog box?
I am not familiar with the MSD ChemStation, but in the GC and LC version there is a command "BeginDialog", which will allow you to build up your own dialog box and add text, radiobuttons, checkboxes and input boxes however you need.

Gasman
Not unless you want to write your own programme with DDE linkage.

The other alternative is to have the "options" as menu items in the menu bar.
the easiest way is to have a file:
C:\msdchem\msmacros\addon.mac

with shortcut keys of ALT+K and press a number/letter

Name ExtraMenuItems
menunew "&kvirkler Options"
menusep
menucmd _$(18019,"Print out &1"),"Macro _macropath$+`kvirkler01.mac',go",_$(18020,"run option 1.")
menucmd _$(18019,"Print out &2"),"Macro _macropath$+`kvirkler02.mac',go",_$(18020,"run option 2.")
menucmd _$(18019,"Print out &3"),"Macro _macropath$+`kvirkler03.mac',go",_$(18020,"run option 3.")
menucmd _$(18019,"Print out &4"),"Macro _macropath$+`kvirkler04.mac',go",_$(18020,"run option 4.")
menucmd _$(18019,"Print out &5"),"Macro _macropath$+`kvirkler05.mac',go",_$(18020,"run option 5.")
remove ExtraMenuItems
return

regards
Alex
3 posts Page 1 of 1